Thursday, September 2, 2010

Two long/short months

Happy two-month birthday babies. It seems like only yesterday and yet an eternity ago that you were born. You’ve both come a long way from your beginnings. 

Veronica, you are coming home from the hospital today. I’m so happy that you are ready to begin your life here on the outside, but a little sad that you still have to be on the monitor — delaying for a while longer your opportunity to have a “normal” baby experience.

Colin, I’m sad that you aren’t coming home with us too, but glad you are somewhere that you are getting such good care. I’m very excited that you finally got to try your first bottle last night. And you did so well learning how to swallow for the first time. I am happy you have nurses who are willing to push the envelope a little for you. 

I know one day we’ll look back on your early days and be amazed at how far you’ve both come — I am amazed already at your progress. I love you both, and can’t wait to get to know you both even better.

6 comments:

  1. Your Grandma and Grandpa love you both too. We can hardly wait till we can "kidnap" you like we do your big brother and explore the world with you through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2 month Birthday Veronica and Colin! Know that you are loved loved loved by so many people! You have the best parents and a wonderful brother who will look after you both long after you have grown (whether you like it or not)--wink wink.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2 month Birthday Roni & Colin!

    Becki - your post brought tears to my eyes

    I too cannot wait to get to know you both better!

    XOXOXO for all the kids!

    love, Aunt Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a world full of friends and relatives who are more than happy to help and support you unconditionally! Put us to work; make use of us. (And you are writing beautifully, Becki. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. We finally got home with Veronica at 5:30 this evening. She's doing great so far (I'm not sure she's noticed the difference), and we're happy to have her home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting that Veronica is home! Yes, the monitor alarm probably will go off for no apparent reason, but hopefully she won't be on it for long. I wish you smooth sailing with it. I look forward to more updates on Colin's progress.

    ReplyDelete