Monday, February 13, 2012

Dress up girl

From my blog entries of late, you might think that poor Veronica is getting lost in the shuffle with all of the attention Colin’s surgery and related appointments have required. But fear not, baby girl has not been forgotten (or ignored). First of all, she is way too good at demanding attention to ever be ignored for more than a couple of minutes. And second … well I may be a little biased here, but she’s way to funny and cute to be overlooked. 

In fact, Veronica has really enjoyed having Colin out of the way, especially while Ethan is at school and she gets to be queen for the day. These interludes of being an only child suit her well. The day of Colin’s surgery, when she had the longest solo time, she was dancing and singing everywhere. She has quite enjoyed having Mommy or Daddy or Grandma and Grandpa to herself. 

Veronica very much likes to “dress up” in John’s or Ethan’s or my clothes — mostly our shoes. She has gotten quite good at walking around wearing my big shoes on her feet. And if Ethan forgets to put his in the closet, she is in little girl heaven. (He gets quite angry when the babies play with his shoes, so we’ve been working on remembering to put them out of sight.)
Veronica also likes to accessorize. The other evening, playing after dinner, she was wearing a firetruck jacket I bought for Colin (at a garage sale, before they were born). She had her hat on just so (she does it herself now), her three-sizes-too-big boots that light up when you walk, and my silk scarf and strutting around the living room all proud of herself. She wouldn’t let me take her ensemble off until we were getting ready for bed (and even then I had to distract her with her favorite book — Please Puppy Please). 

Luckily, I had the camera handy and was able to get a shot of her “new look.” Unfortunately, the photos are stuck in the camera for the moment because I can’t find the cord to connect the camera to my computer. So … photos to come at a later date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment