Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Daring to hope

Colin continues to walk more and more. He is now taking corners and has gotten so much better at adjusting his balance so he doesn’t fall as often. And when he does fall, he just gets right back up and starts walking again. That’s a big change: in the past when he fell he would crawl from that point.

He is very clearly proud of himself when he walks, which is great because that means he cares about walking and is motivated to make progress. (Which is a good thing, because we’ve now worn through the knees of just about everything Colin owns.) 

This puts the optimistic, hopeful part of myself at war with the superstitious “don’t say that because you just jinxed us” part. Because it does seem that every time I put a date with some type of progress with the babies, I set myself up for disappointment.

But I am starting to think that he may be walking by Ethan’s birthday. 

There. I said it. I may have just jinxed myself, but after the past two days the optimist is winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment