Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Random bits I'm enjoying now

Colin and Veronica are at a very fun, very trying stage. So while I would be happy to lose the nearly daily tantrums (times two), I am enjoying the happy times very much. Here are some random fun things the twins are up to now:

Veronica calling Colin “Bud”
This probably stems from our informal "buddy" for Colin and "baby" for Veronica. But I think it’s so cute to hear her saying, “Look at this, Bud.” Or, “Hey, Bud … Do you want to do [this]?” 

Hide and seek
Not sure when this started, but they’ve been playing hide and seek a lot. Last night they were in rare form, and it was the cutest thing ever. One would go into their bedroom and “hide” under a blanket, and the other would count. “One, two, three. I’m coming to find you!”

Colin’s big smoochy kisses
Although on the surface he seems very rough and tumble, Colin is my snuggle love bug. I love when he comes over at random to whisper “I love you” into my ear, and when he puts his hands on my cheeks and give me big smoochy kisses. (Of course, I also cringe when he does that — he sometimes doesn’t realize how hard he’s squeezing.)

Amazing
Veronica has discovered the word “amazing” and uses it somewhat regularly now. My recent favorite: Last night after dinner she told me she was out of clean underwear and asked if I could wash some after she went to bed. I told her I would do that, and then I heard her in the other room telling John, “Mommy said she could wash some clothes so I would have clean underwear. Isn’t that amazing?”

1 comment:

  1. Greetings! My name is Heather and I was just wondering if you would be willing to answer my quick question I have regarding your blog :-) My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete