Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy boy, again

Nearly as quickly as he fell ill, Colin has staged a recovery. We went from worrying that we would run out of Albuteral before the weekend was over, to no longer needing to give him any treatments. And if I had any doubt about his recovery, yesterday morning laid my fears to rest.

Before leaving for work yesterday, I went upstairs to say a quick goodbye. (Colin is often asleep before I get home from work, so if I don’t do this, I don’t get to see him on days I go into the office.) He was crying in his crib, but as soon as he saw me his face lit up in a grin. Since he was awake, I picked him up for a quick snuggle and some kisses. This made him laugh and laugh. And at that point, I knew our baby boy was back on track. 

He’ll go back to the doctor this morning for a follow-up to make sure we’re not missing anything that indicates we should continue the treatments. If he gets the all clear, we’ll send the nebulizer back and hope to bid it a permanent goodbye. 

Veronica so far remains healthy, but Ethan is now sick so I’m half expecting that she’ll be next. This is one of those occasions, however, where I would be delighted to be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment