Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The start of another ending?

Okay, I apologize for failing to update the blog with the twins’s doctor visit stats. John took them over, and reported back when he got home. Unfortunately, we didn’t write anything down. So now … sorry. But their visit was unremarkable — which for them is a good thing. Colin was still around 21 pounds 8 ounces, Veronica a little over 25. I think she was 35 inches tall, but John couldn’t remember Colin’s height. We’ll say he remains at least 2 inches shorter than her, though.

The best part of the visit, in my opinion, was that Colin’s lungs sounded great, despite the fact that he had a cold. No wheezing or rattling. Just normal breathing sounds. For us, that’s a major accomplishment. 

Today Colin goes to see the urologist for his six-month follow-up from surgery. I am hoping that we’ll be scheduling his LAST surgery. (Really, I hope it’s his last surgery ever. In his entire life. Ever.) 

I have been using this last surgery as an excuse to avoid scheduling or planning anything: “I’ll plan that/do that/figure that out after we know when Colin’s last surgery is.” So while I’ll be losing my excuse for procrastination, it will be good to be able to put another problem, and set of doctors, behind us. I really like his urologist, but I’ll be happy not to have to see him again.

Otherwise, both twins are working hard on their language skills. Veronica seems to have jumped up to talking like a three-year-old, which again makes people think she is older than Colin. Several times in the past couple of weeks, John or I have gotten the “How far apart are they?” question when we’re out with the kiddos. 

Veronica is now counting to three on her own, and Colin is saying two-word sentences much more often. And both are getting very good at their colors. John is working hard on getting them to consistently answer correctly when asked their age, and on getting Colin to answer the question, “How are you?”

No comments:

Post a Comment