Friday, October 18, 2013

Imagination

Colin, being less of a chatterbox than his siblings, often is overshadowed by them. So when he has an opportunity to be out from under their shadows, he really shines and I’m reminded of what a funny little boy he is.

This morning, as I was getting ready to leave for work, I overheard this conversation between Colin and John:

Colin, singing Happy Birthday, stops and says, “Happy Birthday Daddy.” (It’s not.)

John, playing along: “Thanks Colin. Did you get balloons and streamers for me?”

Colin: “Yes. And eggs too. Lots of eggs.”

John: “Eggs? What for?”

Colin: “For throwing around. And then they’ll turn into ducks.”

The conversation continued for a while longer, but I can’t remember what else Colin threw in. But it was very inventive, and very funny. (And then Ethan and Veronica started fighting, and Colin’s moment in the spotlight ended.)

No comments:

Post a Comment