Monday, November 1, 2010

I will survive (I think)

Well, we survived my first “week” back at work — if you can call two days a week. Everything went relatively smoothly. I got Ethan to school on time, John was able to get everyone out the door to pick him up. The babies were fed and changed on a regular basis. Beyond that … well, that’s enough for now.

It helps that I have such a flexible and supportive work environment to return to (and I’m not just saying that because I know some of you are reading this). I do really love my co-workers and how supportive they have been, and having a dedicated space for pumping and a flexible schedule that allows me to take Ethan to school are priceless.

Mondays and Fridays are going to be the most challenging for John, since those are the two days he is flying solo with the twins. I am going to be working from home on Tuesdays and Thursdays for now, and my parents have been coming on Wednesdays (at least until the weather turns to winter on us), so at least there are extra hands around on those days.


No comments:

Post a Comment