Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful

I wanted to write this for Thanksgiving, but we were too busy feasting and enjoying our time as a family. So I will write tonight instead. 

This year, more than ever, I am aware of how much we have to be thankful for. I am thankful, of course, for Colin and Veronica and the fact that they are healthy and growing. I am thankful for all of the doctors and nurses who helped them get to this point. 

I am thankful for all of our family and friends and neighbors who together have helped us keep it together throughout this year — I'm not sure we would have made it through without you.

I am thankful to have a good job, a nice home and a safe neighborhood. And I am especially thankful to have good insurance, without which we would never be able to pay the medical bills we have amassed since the babies were born (more than $1 million so far). 

This has been a chaotic and wonderful year, and we truly have been blessed. And as I watch Colin and Veronica develop their own personalities and begin to move out of that “newborn” baby stage, I am very grateful to be where I am today. 

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment