Monday, February 11, 2013

The many faces of … Colin

Blurry, half out of the frame. Yep, that’s a
typical Colin picture. He doesn’t hold
still long enough to get many good shots.

Two is an interesting age. Most of the time, it deserves its “Terrible Twos” moniker (times two, of course, in our house). But it’s also when those little personalities really start to blossom. So in between the tantrums and the hitting and the hair pulling and the drama, we also get some very sweet and funny moments. 

While Veronica is still the most similar to her big brother, Colin recently has been revealing some very Ethan-like traits:

He is all about reading cookbooks: “Read me Mediterranean Cooking Mommy!” Really … he loves his cookbooks. I even had to take my Tea Time cookbook away from him because he was loving it to death. Some days he’ll walk over to the cookbook shelf and ask for a specific volume, then plop down on the floor and start to “read.”

His Playdoh style is very much like Ethan’s was at this stage, although less well-developed because we haven’t really done Playdoh until yesterday. They used some in Sunday school, and their teacher said they both did very well with it. (Yes, I got to leave them alone in class this week until the very end, when Colin got bored and started to wander away.) So when we got home, I cooked up a big batch of dough and Ethan and I made some bright colors (love that gel food coloring, but my hands are a cartoon-like pink and red now). 

Much to my surprise, all three of them played with the stuff for almost an hour with minimal fighting. Then Ethan wandered off to other activities, and the twins continued to play for a good half an hour more. Veronica was all about making piles of different colors and then smooshing them with a play knife or the slotted spoon. Colin wanted to make “things.” Of course, that meant me making things, but that’s okay. 

Unfortunately, I didn’t think to grab the camera. 

Colin is totally into watching Wheels on the Bus videos on my computer (as is Veronica). They can sit for a good half hour watching, and know exactly which versions on Youtube that they are in the mood for.

Mom, stop buggins us. We’re watching Wheels.


Colin also continues to have a great sense of humor. I was taking some pictures of them recently, and in the middle of one shot, Veronica stopped to scratch her nose. I made an offhand comment about catching it on film, and Colin couldn’t stop laughing at the thought.

She picked her nose! Ha, ha, ha. 



No comments:

Post a Comment