Saturday, April 9, 2011

Early birds

Poor John. All three of our kids are proving to be early birds — and he is definitely a night owl. This morning, Veronica woke up (or was in a very light sleep) at 4:30 and spent an hour plus happily thumping her feet in her crib. (Glad she was happy, still couldn’t sleep through the thumping.) 

Meanwhile, I could hear Colin in his room starting at about 5:00 (which means he probably was up at about 4:30 as well), chatting happily away. Like Ethan, he’s a talker from the get-go. Which also makes it hard to sleep once he’s awake. 

I finally gave up with Veronica at 5:45 and got her up with me. I hoped feeding her would help her get back to sleep, but no such luck. We ventured in to see Colin for a bit, but he was finally starting to fall asleep again. 

So now Veronica is down here playing in the kitchen, and looking very proud of herself. (I’m not sure why she feels proud, but she definitely has an “I’m proud of myself” look on her face.) I’m hoping that she’ll be ready for her first mini-nap after she has her cereal and fruit here. Otherwise it may be a very long day (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment